Signed in as:
Signed in as:
A GOOD SERVICE:
A GOOD RETURN:
THE CHOICE OF SERVING, RECEIVING AND ENDS:
Unless the rally is a let, a player scores a point:
CHANGING ENDS AND CHANGING ORDER IN DOUBLES:
The surface of the table, known as the playing surface, is rectangular and measures 2.74m (9ft) long and 1.525m (5ft) wide, and lies in a horizontal plane 76cm (2ft 6in) from the floor. The playing surface does not include the sides of the tabletop.
Wheelchair friendly tables should have table legs at least 40 cm from the end line of the table for players competing in a wheelchair.
The top of the net, along its whole length, is 15.25cm (6in) high and extends along the width of the centre of the table, dividing it into two equal parts.
The ball is made of plastic material and can be white or orange with a matt finish. The diameter of the ball is 40mm and weighs 2.7 grams.
The racket may be of any size, shape or weight, but the blade shall be flat and rigid. The surface material covering the blade must be bright red on one side (or other approved colours) and black on the other.
· You must play to the full score.
· AS MANY AS YOU LIKE.
· You never lose a point for serving a let.
· You only ever serve from your right-side court to your opponent's right court.
· The only thing that isn't allowed to touch the table is your non-playing hand. However, if you happen to lean on the table or move the table, you lose the point.
· Every time you serve a fault you lose a point.
· If the ball is still in play, (over the table) and you hit it on the full you lose the point. If the ball has gone past the table and you hit it on the full you win the point.
· The first mistake counts i.e., the ball going out of play on the full.
· Either way, as soon as someone hits the ball on the full the point stops.
Mornington Peninsula & Frankston City Table Tennis
350 Dunns Road, Mornington Victoria 3931, Australia
Copyright © 2023 Mornington Peninsula & Frankston City Table Tennis Association Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder